Top 5 Things to Do in Atlanta
Atlanta is a city full of excitement and adventure. Many people do not realize how much Atlanta has to offer. Even though Atlanta is a huge city it has more forestry than any other city in the country. It also has a lot of tourist attractions that are more than tourist traps, they are worth the time.
Here are 5 amazing things you can do in Atlanta.
- Check out the nature parks.Atlanta has some of the best nature can offer. It’s amazing how in Atlanta you can be in a residential neighborhood and feel like you are in the middle of the forest. Here are some nature and wildlife parks you can visit while in Atlanta.
- Georgia Aquarium- Everyone who visits Atlanta always brags about how amazing the Aquarium is. Here you will see 70 habitats and thousands of marine animals. Few aquariums have whale sharks, manta rays, beluga whales, dolphins, and sea otters, but here you can sell all of these species. The aquarium even offers a brilliant 3D animated show telling an important story about conserving and protecting animal’s natural environment. This aquarium has so much to offer it is definitely not something you want to miss.
- Atlanta Botanical Gardens- These gardens feature some of the most magical flowers you will ever see. From the rose gardens to the tropical gardens you will be rejuvenated after viewing some of the most beautiful fauna that Atlanta has to offer. The Earth Goddess is definitely a huge wow factor here and you do not want to miss seeing her. While you are there stop by the amazing café and have a light meal. The food is absolutely delicious.
- Visit some museums. Atlanta offers a wide variety of museums. From art galleries, history museums, observatories, and specialty museums there will definitely be something for everyone.
- College Football Hall of Fame- This museum is sure to be loved by any fan of college football. Here you can test your skills on a replica field or even record yourself commentating for a pregame show. This museum won’t be for everyone, but it is definitely unique and fun.
- High Museum of Art-This building is a piece of architecture that you must see. It is a brilliant porcelain-enameled building that is both exquisite inside and out. The museum has over 11,000 pieces and has a brilliant glass atrium. This is definitely a visit for those who love art.
- World of Coca-Cola- We’ve all tried Coca-Cola, most of us know about the secret formula. This museum offers an interactive tour of the history of Coca-Cola. You can see how bottling works, get super close to the secret formula, and watch a 4-d movie. As tempting as all those offering are, they museum offer an amazing 100 flavors from across the world. If you are a fan of Coca-Cola this is definitely something you don’t want to miss.
- And I will throw in this recommendation for Atlanta, try and do some of these amazing places by limousine and I wholeheartedly recommend Will Chambers Limos at this web address; www.willchamberslimo.com. They are a great limo company I have used before and will not let you down.
- Check out some sights and landmarks- Being the birth place of Martin Luther King there are definitely some spots to check out in regards to the civil rights movement. However, there are also some places that are so magical that you just have to see them.
- Fox Theatre-This theatre hosts a variety of shows through the years, however its design is what you need to see. Recently restored, this theatre has a very 1920’s style to it. The architecture of this building is absolutely gorgeous. The theatre feature “Might Mo,” a classic organ that has over 3,600 pipes. This is definitely something you do not want to miss.
- Center for Civil and Human Rights- This museum focuses on an important part of all of our lives and history. The museum is incredibly interactive and if you decide to go in after admiring the brilliant architecture you will definitely feel a connection. The outside of the museum has brilliant architecture that is very unique and definitely worth stopping by to see
- Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site- This site is actually three attractions in one. Start at the visit center and move through the places where Martin Luther King Jr. grew up, where he preached, and the memorial site of his burial. This is definitely a place to honor such an amazing man and see the life that he had while he was fighting for civil rights.
- Take a food and drink tour. Atlanta is known for its delicious southern cuisine and its delicious sweat tea. While visiting you should definitely try out some of the amazing food offered throughout the city. The best way to experience multiple dining options is to take a food and drink tour. Here are a few favorites:
- Atlanta Food Walks- This tour takes you through historic downtown and offers you samples of 15 different tastes at 7 different restaurants. You will hear about the amazing history of Atlanta and the evolution of their food.
- Atlanta Brews Cruise- If you want to try some amazing beer then definitely try out the Atlanta Brews Cruise. You will get to see the brewery and try some amazing beers.
- Try an exciting activity. Atlanta is a place to explore. There are multiple activities you can join throughout the city to sightsee or ever work up some adrenaline. Here are the favorites.
- Nascar Racing Experience– If you love Nascar or you just want to drive fast this is definitely something you need to try. You can either drive the car which can hit up to 150 mph or you can ride with a professional who can get you to 170 mph. Either way that’s really fast and definitely worth the try.
- Peach Pedaler-So many people miss out on the Peach Pedaler and it is such a good time. This company does guest tours on a 15 passenger pedal powered bike. So not only do you get to see the amazing sights of Atlanta, but you get to meet some really awesome people as you all work together to pedal the bike.
Atlanta is an amazing city and whatever you choose to do you are going to find amazing adventures, good times, and amazing eats.
Have a look at the Atlanta Tourist’s boards website here ; http://www.atlanta.com/